1. Our commitment to your privacy
- 1.4. While you may use the Site and/or Services (and part(s) thereof) without registration, many of the content and Services on the Site require registration.
- 1.8. If we believe that the modifications are material, we will notify you of the changes by posting a notice on the Sites, or email you at the email address provided to us by you, and as we may deem appropriate. What constitutes a material change will be determined by us, at our sole and absolute discretion.
- 1.10. This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and all the associated regulations and guidelines as may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”) of Singapore.
We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie.
Please visit Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on to opt-out of this data collection process.
2. Information and personal data we collect from you
- 2.1. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information. Further to the above, information and Personal Data may also include the following:
a. Particulars of your social media accounts (such as gender, birthdate, profession and/or location) if any such account is connected to our Site; and
b. Any other personal information which may be provided by you or any third parties in connection with the provision of the Services and/or your usage of the Site.
c. When you use any of the features and functions available on the Site and Services;
d. When you visit the Site and/or Services, we may from time to time also automatically receive and record information from your browser or mobile device, including your Traffic Data (as defined below), Cookies, Web Beacons and other data; and
e. If you contact us, for example, with an enquiry or to report an issue.
- 2.2. After registering for an Account with us, you may update your Account details by logging into your Account, clicking on the link to your Account details and thereafter following the applicable directions.
- 2.3. We may also process your other information and Personal Data, such as:
a. Particulars of your social media accounts (such as gender, birthdate, profession and/or location) if any such account is connected to our Site; and
b. Any information you may send to us or our Merchants or affiliates who use the Site and/or Services; and
c. Transactional history, in order to document a transaction you may have had with us and/or third parties.
- 2.4. Also, if you give us information about another person, then you confirm that you can:
a. Give consent on his/her behalf for the collection and/or processing of his or her Personal Data;
b. Receive on his/her behalf any notices; and
c. Warrant that you have obtained his/her consent for us or have the right to allow us to collect, store and/or otherwise use his/her Personal Data.
- 2.5. Even if you do not register for an Account, we collect non-personal information about your use of our Site in the following manners:
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies.” By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Generally, you can remove these cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. You can configure your device’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject Cookies. If you reject all Cookies, you will not be able to enjoy the full range of the Services.
In addition to cookies, we may also use other Internet technologies, such as web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our website. The information we obtain in this manner enables us measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products we offer through our website. By accessing our Site and agreeing to receive our e-mail messages or newsletters, you agree to that we can use other Internet technologies such as those mentioned above on your device(s).
b. Web beacons
Web Beacons are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or email and send back to its home server information from the user’s browser.
We or our third party tracking utility company also use Web Beacons to collect anonymous information about your use of the Site and the websites of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of emails, special promotions or newsletters we send to you. Our Web Beacons are not used to track your activity outside of the Site, or those of our sponsors’ or advertisers’.
We do not link your non-personal information from Web Beacons to your information and Personal Data without your permission, except in connection with our marketing, promotion, or similar initiatives jointly with our Merchants and affiliates, if any.
c. Traffic data
We automatically track and collect the following categories of information, amongst others, when you visit and/or access the Site: (1) Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers; (4) types of web browsers used; (5) referring source which may have sent you to the Site; and (6) other information associated with the interaction of your browser and the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). We may link non-personal information from traffic data to personal information, when you register an account with us.
3. How we use the information and Personal Data we collect
- 3.1. It is a condition of your Account and continuing the use of the Site and/or Services that you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your Personal Data, including your personal particulars, by us, our agents and contractors involved in the Site and/or Services, for the following purposes:
a. assess, verify, fulfil, process, service and/or manage your Account or applications for Account, which includes but is not limited to updating the register of Registered Users and data relating to Registered Users;
b. maintain your Account with us;
c. render or provide products, services and facilities in connection with the Site and/or Services, or to otherwise to develop, enhance or improve such products, services and facilities;
d. verify the identity of Registered Users or persons acting on behalf of a Register User;
e. process, facilitate, complete, confirm, fulfil or carry out any transaction or dealing entered into between you and us;
f. fulfil, process, manage and/or facilitate your participation in any lucky draws, competitions, promotions, contests and other activities conducted or organised by us, which includes but is not limited to processing or facilitating redemption activities and/or notifying you where he/she has won a prize in connection with such activities;
g. notify you of benefits, privileges, promotions and/or updates (by way of electronic mail updates, or by such other means as determined by us) in connection with the Site and/or Services;
h. communicate with you changes and development to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to the Site and/or Services;
i. resolve complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
j. conduct market research for statistical, profiling and statistical analysis for the improvement of services provided to you;
k. aggregate your data into anonymised statistical data, and share such anonymised data with third parties, such as advertisers, marketing and business partners, for marketing and promotion purposes;
l. any purpose, undertaking or activity incidental to any of the above; and
m. any other purposes as may be determined by us from time to time and for which your specific consent has been obtained through the Site and/or Services.
- 3.2. Where you have given specific consent, you agree to our collection, use, disclosure and /or processing of your personal data by us, our agents and contractors, for the following purposes:
a. send you notifications and marketing and promotional messages in relation to the Site and/or Services (including via SMS, WhatsApp, any social media platforms, or other modes of communication using your e-mail address, telephone numbers, social media account, which we have in our records from time to time or otherwise available publicly); and
b. send you notifications and marketing and promotional messages in connection with products, services, offers and promotions offered by us or Merchants (including via sms, WhatsApp, any social media platforms, or other modes of communication using your e-mail address, telephone numbers, social media account, which we have in their records from time to time or otherwise available publicly).
c. We will collect feedback from our Merchants about our users, and vice versa, in order to protect the property and rights of the Merchants (including their company and/or business), to protect the safety of the public, Merchants’ employees or any person, or to prevent or end activity we consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- 3.3. If you wish to withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your Personal Data as set out above, or if you have any questions relating to your Personal Data, or if you would like to obtain access or make corrections to your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing at: Urban Insider Pte. Ltd., 1 Scotts Road, #24-10, Shaw Centre, Singapore 228208
- 3.4. If you choose to withdraw your consent for the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your Personal Data, we may have to terminate your Account as we may not be able to administer and maintain your account with us.
- 3.5. You agree that the consent granted above does not supersede any previous consent you may have given to us and is in addition to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data.
- 3.6. You agree that in the course of collection, use, processing and/or disclosure of your Personal Data, they may be transferred outside of Singapore.
4. Information collected by third parties
5. Transfer and/or disclosure of your information
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, damages, losses, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees that arise from your use of the Site and/or Services. We at our sole and absolute discretion reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
7. Exclusion of Liability
- 7.1 Notwithstanding any other terms or conditions in these terms and conditions, we shall not be liable to you for any loss, damage, inconvenience, moral or emotional distress, cost and expense of any nature (including, without limitation for any act, omission, neglect or wilful default on the part of our agents, contractors, correspondents and/or their respective officers and employees) which in any way may be suffered or incurred by you or by any other person in respect of or in connection with the Site and/or Services, including without limitation, your account, and/or in connection with the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your Personal Data in accordance with these terms and conditions. By registering as a user, you are deemed to and will release and discharge us from all claims in relation to the aforesaid loss, damage, inconvenience, embarrassment, cost and/or expense.
- 7.2 Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we shall also not be liable for any direct, incidental or consequential damage or loss suffered by you that may result from the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your Personal Data, including but not limited to any loss of, or any inability to retrieve, any Personal Data, howsoever caused, or any inaccuracy in the Personal Data presented, used or transmitted.
- 7.3 The Management is not involved in the provision of any goods and/or services by any Merchant. A Registered User shall address and/or resolve any question, dispute or claim relating to any goods and/or services directly to and/or with the Registered User from whom the goods and/or services were obtained. The Management shall not be liable for any claim, demand, loss, cost, expense or liability of any kind (whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise) which may be suffered or incurred by any person:
a. in using or attempting to use any gift vouchers (in any way and for any purpose);
b. in relation to any goods and/or services provided or to be provided by a Merchant (including for any defect, damage, disruption, failure and/or unavailability); or
c. in connection with any act or omission by a Merchant (including the refusal of a Merchant to accept, recognise or honour any gift voucher).
8. Unauthorised access and vulnerabilities
- 8.1. While we take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data in our possession or under our control, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control, including hacking or cybercrimes. We also do not guarantee that our websites and applications are invulnerable to security breaches, or that your use of our websites and applications is safe and protected from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other vulnerabilities.
- 8.2. You also acknowledge and agree that it is important that you protect against unauthorised access of your Account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and Account secure (e.g. by signing out after using our Services).
9. Period of retention
- 9.1. We keep your personal data only for so long as we need the personal data to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and to satisfy our business and/or legal purposes, including audit, accounting or reporting requirements.
- 9.2. How long we keep your personal data depends on the nature of the data, for example: we will keep personal data for at least the duration of the limitation period for claims if the personal data may be required for legal proceedings. Some information may be retained for longer, for example where we are required to do so by Singapore law.
Updated 5 September 2020